Insight from my morning study:
One of the best ways to create growth in your life is to live and operate in a growth environment.
Dependent people need others to get what they want. Independent people can get what they want through their own efforts. Interdependent people combine their own efforts with the efforts of others to achieve their greatest success. ~ Stephen Covey
A growth environment is a place where:
- you are surrounded with others who are committed to personal development and growth
- mistakes and failures are preferred
- core values are upheld
- we constantly challenge ourselves to get better
- comfort zones are irrelevant
- service to others is encouraged
- change is welcome
- ideas are celebrated
- the past is recognized as the past and not a predictor of the future
- discipline is desired more than the desire for leisure
Many hands and hearts and minds generally contribute to anyone’s notable achievements. ~ Walt Disney
Do you live in an environment that aids your growth? If not, how can you create your own growth environment?